Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To B-ikini or Not to B-ikini...???

So, the countdown to Hawaii is on like Donkey Kong... 
Husband, kid # 1, 2 and Mama are flying off  to the middle of the pacific for some serious it's February so winter-can-suck-it escapism.



We're staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Waikiki Beach for 12 sun-filled days. Cool yeah?
Sorta. What's not cool is that we're leaving in 11 days and I am still fat-ish and pastey-white.
Massive Weight Loss 2010 (continuation of 2008, 2009) is in full effect and believe-you-me, Mama is workin' extra hard to try and fit into pre-baby #2 summer clothes.

My "Hawaiian Action Plan 2010", henceforth to be called HAP 2010 (abbreviations are a way of life for me)... is as follows:

 "Beatings beating beatings"...  in front of the T.V. with Jillain every nite.



+

A spray tan.    WTF??!.... ok there's always a first for everything.




=

Wearing a bikini....maybe-possibly-perhaps??? 





 ( the one I have is very similar to this,,,nothing krazy, modest, mom-appropriate fo-sho!)

Sooo, my issue is that I'm not sure if I have ANY business whatsoever wearing a bikini at this stage in the game. I've worked hard to get most of my kid #2 pregancy fat off. (Still have 10lbs to go, but I'm tall, 5'10 and can carry a surprising amount of poundage on this frame).
But I'm still not sure I can pull off the big "B".  This body has definately got some 'battle scars' from two babies... mummy tummy, etc.

I just don't like tankini's that much. They are definately a wonderful invention, and they are SOOOO much better than a one-piece (ick) but I do think that sometimes they can be a bit matronly and make you look even bigger because there is so much fabric to them! (as pointed out by my sister-in-law,,,in a loving way of course).  Sometimes less is more...strictly talking numbers on the scale and swimwear here!

Mama's torn....not sure what to do??

Um-hum yeah, I know what y'all are thinking. If I'm questioning it, then I already know the answer. It's a big fat NO. (no puns here)...
*sigh*
Tankini it is....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment