Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mother Nature, let's chat a while....

Yesterday while driving home with the kids, the skies above were looking mighty foreboding with dark clouds and huge swirling wind gusts. 30 seconds later I thought maybe the car was being pelted by a golfball but I was, of course, no where near a golf course. It was these little buggers. 

{not suitable for cocktails...}

I picked these up off my front lawn about an hour after the hail storm of the century
I know I've bitched complained repeatedly about our craptastic winter summer weather this year but I have finally had enough.
Screw you Mother Nature. I'm OUT. If these means I need to fly to the other side of the world to see the blazing hot summer sun then so be it. 

Mother Nature, no let's call you "M.N",.... (I can call you that right?) Allow me to review why we're friends OFF for now and where I'm heading to.
 You and your piss-poor summer weather can suck it whilst I'm on the beach elsewhere.

In case you've forgotten what summer actually is M.N., let's review some holiday pics from a place where the sun actually shines, the Mediterranean. 

{oh what's this? Sun and sand and people not shivering while outside?}


{Obviously HOT conditions because of desert-like plant life seen here?}


{Golden brown tan on already handsome husband. Note curly hair due to humidity. You remember what hot humidity is, right M.N?}




{Straw-style umbrellas on sandy, hot beaches for coverage from the sun}



{Oh, what's this? A palm tree growing in my yard. That requires sunlight right?}


{And finally a pic of Mama in the market on a hot, sunny evening, Not wearing a jacket. Note the lack of snow, rain or ice-cubes falling from the heavens trying to wreck my car}

So Mother Nature, maybe call me in about a months time or so. We'll talk then and I'll see if you've decided to smarten-up and play nice. Bring your friend "the sun" with you.....hmmkay?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment