Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tuxedo deluxe

So you're going out and you plan on wearing your cutest new strapless dress. But wait, it's December and you remember it's freezing ass outside (at least where I live it is...)  So how do you cover up a bit and attempt to stay warm-ish while still looking amazing?   
Pashminas?- boring.  Bolero style shrug?- old news. 
  Tux jackets are the perfect way to coverup while adding a bit of structure and style. Last winter I was really loving my cropped tux jacket, but this season I'm all about a regular length tuxedo jacket. The masculine silhouette of the jacket offsets the shortness of a dress while adding an extra kick of style. Lurve it.



{Is it really necessary to do 3 hours of pilates and yoga everyday to have legs like these?}
While cruising through my People Style Watch magazine I notice this American Eagle Tuxedo blazer. (American Eagle? yeah, who knew they'd carry something like this.)  So I grabbed this while shopping this week. It's the perfect length, has the right amount of structure and of course has a shiny lapel to add a pop of added glam. 

In the beginning of January I'll most definitely be rocking a tux jacket when we go out in Vegas.
What do you think about mixing a men's look with something flirty and fun like a short dress?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment