Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hoarding issues?

So we as women all manage to buy and collect a lot of beauty and makeup related products. But what happens when they start to take over - your countertop, your bathroom, your life!?
Like most areas of my home I try to minimize the clutter and purge the stuff I don't need to prevent pile-ups of unused junk. Easy enough right? No one likes a hoarder.  But when it comes to beauty products I have such a hard time tossing the unused products. 
What if I suddenly run out of Coconut scented body lotion, I have 3 back ups. What if there's world wide shortage of extreme-hold hair spray? I'm covered with multiple extra cans. It's the fear of maybe/possibly/someday needing to use the extra products.

Are all these products really necessary? No.  So why can't I minimize and toss?

 Under the sink mess assortment of products
 (A box of nursing pads and ovulation test kits from 3 years ago...there's just no excuse for keeping those?)

Srsly, so what's my deal?  I go to throw out the products I'm not using then I"ll see that it's practically brand new and it would be so wasteful to throw it away. I just can't do it.  I might want to use it someday, just not in the immediate, foreseeable future or ever really.  But what "if"?

Do you have trouble parting with things that you might someday need even though you never use them? Am I just being thrifty and practical or am I on my way to needing an intervention or making an appearance on TLC's "Hoarding, Buried Alive?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment