Friday, April 22, 2011

Now u know me....

Hey Dolls, hope you're all enjoying this Easter long weekend.  I've got a whole bunch of church, cooking, family dinners, egg colouring (and hunting) and chocolate eating coming my way.   
This week has been all things Easter but I thought I'd do a different post on some random info about Mama.  It's not because of receiving a blog award (like most people do) but instead because this has a been a fairly slow news week and I've got nothing else...


1.  I can talk like Donald Duck.  Great "skill" to have when babysitting.

2.  I love French's yellow mustard and go through a bottle every 10 days. Best condiment ever.

3.  I'm a pretty awesome (and fast) driver and in another life I should have been a Formula 1 race car driver. 
But since I've had kids I've totally changed the way I drive and now have a huge new appreciation for driving safely and responsibly. These days I'm more like Morgan Freeman in Driving Miss Daisy than Michael Schumacher.

Fastness. Hotness.

Note: I said Formula 1 driver, not NASCAR.  
NASCAR is beyond lame. Sorry Ricky Bobby Fans.

Round and round. Uncool.


4. I can type up to 83 words/minute (according to typing tests I've taken) however my accuracy/spelling could use work. Obviously.



5. I am a great cook but a lousy baker. Baking requires precise measurements and it's like following a formula. Cooking is more free-style and dare I say, creative.  
 I don't have much of a sweet tooth and I never had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid.  That explains it. 



6. I am blind as a bat. I've worn contact lenses everyday for 20 years. I really should have laser eye surgery but I'm scared.  What if something goes wrong and my eyesight gets worse? Though I doubt that's possible.



7. I have a pretty fantastic Operatic voice (Mezzo-Soprano) but more or less no one has ever heard it. I'm ridiculously self-conscious about being judged. 
I'm even scared to sing Karaoke after a half a dozen cocktails.
 Mama's dream Karaoke song of choice: Roberta Flack/Lauyn Hill's, Killing me Softly

This list could have gone on forever but I'll save more Mama-fun-facts for another time.
Happy Easter Lovelies!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment