Friday, November 12, 2010

Kardashian hair dreams are over

So about a little over a month ago I decided to take the plunge and take my hair colour back to my original dark brown (yes we've covered this I know.)  My dreams of Kardashian hair greatness have been greatly over estimated but I will say that overall I am happy with how the colour turned out.  Just about everyone (minus Husband) agrees that darker hair suits me and even makes my hair appear thicker (thicker looking hair you say? Those right there are the magic words.)

{Love em or hate them, these girls have fabulous hair}

But there is one major problem that's "popped" up so to speak...my grey is showing already. Yeah, thanks to my mom's side of the family and their less than stellar genes I've been cursed with fine hair that's been slowly going grey since I was 19. Yes, that's not a typo, 19 years old.  WHO has grey when they're barely legal?   And now with my blond highlights gone the grey is rearing it's ugly, wiry head.  

{ok, this is NOT my head, my grey isn't nearly this bad but maybe in another 5-7 years or so. *sigh*}

So what to do? Does this mean I need to march myself back to my stylist every 5-6 weeks? There has got to be an easier way! I need suggestions, how do you cover your grey? (if you're unfortunate to have it...)  Should I try one of those "root touch up" type products from the drugstore? This hair has never been coloured outside of a salon...somehow I'd probably manage to dye it orange somewhere along the way. I'm talented like that.


{Yay or nay?}

I need your help girls....how can I manage my new darker hair colour with dropping $80.00 every few weeks?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment