Friday, March 26, 2010

It's on like Donkey Kong....again

I've had this rant brewing for a while...it's go time.

So I've been going on about "Massive Weight Loss 2010" for forever and this week I've decided that its time to get down to biznizz on these last 10 pounds. Bless your blog-reading hearts for putting up with my endless whining about muffin tops/mummy tummy/bikini phobias etc.  
Here's a little back story on my weight loss woes. I have a man-sized appetite (more like line-backer sized) and I absolutely adore food. Really really adore it. Lots.
I have for all of my adult life fought kicking and screaming managed to keep my weight within the "healthy weight range" for my height. Except while I was pregnant. Then the proverbial wheels fell off. Way off. I gained over 70lbs with Kid #1 and over 60lbs with Kid #2.  Apparently being with child is code for eat everything in sight. And then go back for seconds. A calorie crime scene.

{Mama 2 months after Kid #1 was born. Dang.}

{Mama 2 years after Kid #1. Ignore windblown hair/lack of make-up.}

I did lose all the weight and more after Kid #1 (snaps and cheers for me) but it did take over a year and a half. So here I am after my second baby and he's now a year and half, and I'm down over 50 lbs. I still have 10 pounds to lose but I'm feeling stalled-out and plateaued. I know that it's only 10lbs but I really want to be back at my fighting weight. I guess it's about being back to a place where all my beloved, overpriced jeans fit again...and back to the weight I feel most fabulous at.  I have seen Thinness, and it's a beautiful thing.
So what's the problem...just get 'er done!! Well the problem is I'm tired of dieting. It's been a redonculously long road and this Mama is tired of counting calories/points/carbs. I want off this ride please.


Of course no one knows better than I that weight maintenance is a way of life. I'll forever have to be diligent with working out and with my food choices. Again Mama, put down the Cadbury Mini Eggs, the Easter Bunny hasn't even showed up yet...   I'm gonna do this!
What's got me worked up, spurred on and newly motivated? My own mom is on the diet of the century thanks to the take no prisoners style Dr. Bernstein Diet. While she's in good health she's unfortunately at least 60 lbs over weight and really needs to lose the pounds. AND she's all "hey it's only been 4 days and I've already lost 3.5lbs,,and I'm not even hungry!"  This is most def the kick in the ass that I need. If she can do it God knows I can?!  My bitching and moaning has got to stop and I've got to show this fatty-fat who's the boss. And no it's not Tony Danza.

Hunger you are my friend. I will not resent you. Bring it on bitch.  (Oh, and anyone who says you can lose weight without being hungry lies, just sayin'.)


...soon to be even more
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment