Friday, May 28, 2010

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to....

SO yesterday besides being the opening day of Sex and The City 2, it was Mama's Birthday!
 It seems like I'm quickly cruising through my early 30's but am still young enough to be in the all important 18-34 year old demographic.  We all know that you're basically a geriatric Golden Girl after 35, so I'm hanging onto my youth by the fingertips.  (Did that chafe a few of you seniors? I kid!)
So ok, yesterday was my berfday and a friend came over for dinner because Husband was working in the p.m. (as always.) And while we did have a family get together with my parents/brothers on Tuesday night to celebrate mine and Kid #1's 5th birthday (it's tomorrow), I still foolishly expected Husband to acknowledge my birthday yesterday evening when he got home from work.  And what time did he get home? He arrived at 11:00 pm after he left work to attend a meeting AND then went and hung out with his friends for coffee talk afterwards.  (Did I marry Linda Richman?) Apparently.


He comes in while I'm sitting on the couch finishing the last of a great glass of wine (watching a crappy episode of Grey's) and he's completely empty handed. No simple card, no grocery store flowers bought at the last minute. Nothing. He did NOTHING for my birthday. He doesn't call, text or do anything all day because he forgot that yesterday was my birthday.
Of course I'm not a child  and I don't need confetti and balloons to mark another passing year and no this wasn't an "important" birthday like 21, 30 or 35 (when the end begins...) but still, coooome onnnn!


What man doesn't do a THING for their wife's birthday? Never mind that 5 years to the day I was in the worst pain of my life giving birth naturally to his child. Does that count for nothing?

Eventually Husband caught onto my not-so-passive-aggressive stink eye while I was sitting on the couch and quickly and LAMELY tried to make amends. The fight ensued, I raged, teared up and stomped off.
 "Awww don't be like this Mama!" was followed by me yelling back, "NO don't YOU be like this!"
(Such drama eh?)

Since I'm not a total bitch I forgave him a few hours later after thoroughly lecturing him about his priorities... and what was his defense? "I've got nothing. You were right, I was wrong."   Wrong indeed Husband, wrong indeed.

{Husband will be staying here...}

Now am I the only woman out there whose otherwise wonderful husband has pulled an A-1, first class, douche-canoe move like he did??


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment