Thursday, May 20, 2010

We are fam-i-ly......

{Yee-haw, it's a family reunion round-up!}

...reunited and it feels so go-od!!  It's a long weekend in Canada and I'm going "home" to the city I grew up in for a family reunion. They're actually calling it a "Wine-Reunion"...what does that say about my family?... that apparently we're a bunch of Winoholics!   Nothing wrong with that I say, at least we're like-minded!

I'm not looking forward to driving with my 2 kids for 3 hours without Husband and I'm definitely not looking forward to sharing a hotel room with my parents who are also coming down. Just the 5 of us in a hotel room for 3 days.  Some more wine you say? yes. please.


That aside it should be fun, I'm looking forward to catching up with family I haven't seen in years and if it weren't for my pesky kids I'd be enjoying a whole lotta wine. But instead I'll be running around after Kid #2 since he insists on climbing up on chairs, tables, walls, etc.  We have dinners on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at family members homes and are any of the houses baby-proofed? Unlikely, so I'm praying the damage done will be minimal. No one wants their nick-nacks destroyed by a toddler. I'm going to be run ragged trying to keep my aunt's homes intact!

In the meantime in preparation for this upcoming weekend I've desperately aggressively tried to lose the last 5 lbs that have been dogging me.
I've tried everything lately, intense workouts, low carb, 48 hour liquid fast/cleanse (for reals) and just about everything else out there. And has it worked? No.  I swear my body has had enough of dieting. After losing 60lbs (on Weight Watchers) its pretty much said "no more weight loss for you Mama."  No matter what I do I can't seem to shake these last lbs to get back to my pre-second baby weight.  Maybe it's time to throw up the white flag and give up??!  Is it too much to ask to look decent in front of relatives I haven't seen in years?!? Apparently. Is 5 lbs really going to make a difference one way or another. No.
Now to figure out what to wear....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment